If you have decided to get the best affordable air fryer, but not sure which one to get, this article is all you need as I get done the research, comparison, and reviews for you so you won’t have to…
So, What are the Air Fryers, then?
Air fryers are a great way to achieve that delicious fried flavor without any of the added calories, oil or fat.
They also have the capabilities to cook, grill, and dehydrate a wide variety of foods and you can use them daily; for the most part, they will become a new staple of your kitchen tools.
The following article will help you to see the best affordable air fryers of 2020, as well as give a buying guide to help you know what to look for if you are wanting to purchase an air fryer shortly.
The 10 Best Affordable Air Fryers of 2020:
Compact, sleek, and practical, the LC Power Air Fryer is an exceptional product that is both budget-friendly and works very well.
By using convection heat with fans that constantly circulate the warm heat, this air fryer can cook and fry your favorite foods without the use of oil or added calories.
This particular model comes with 8 presets that allow you to cook your favorite foods at the touch of a button: fish, cake, chicken, french fries, sausage, steak, shrimp, and pizza. Or if you would prefer, you can set the temperate and timer yourself to cook all of your favorite dishes.
The large cooking tray is encased by metal, which eliminates the cooking odor that can happen with some air fryers, and you can always safely remove the cooking basket, which will be cool to the touch.
This is a great air fryer for the cost, and there don’t seem to be any real issues that consumers have had with it.
This will cook delicious food quickly, and with little effort on your part, thanks to the digital control panel with the 8 presets.
Cleanup is easy and the basket is dishwasher safe.
On more of the budget-friendly spectrum of air fryers, the Imarku 2.6 quart air fryer is a great appliance for those who don’t have access to an oven or are on their own for the first time.
There are not a lot of extra features here, but as relates to frying and cooking food this is a quality product that will do just that.
The air fryer has easy to use controls that allow you to set the timer and have it automatically shut off when done.
Although the timer is 30 minutes maximum, you will rarely need to cook food longer than this using the air fryer.
This comes with an easy to follow cookbook for all of your favorite recipes, as well the basket being dishwasher safe.
This is a compact air fryer that stores easily and will be a staple for your meals.
This is a quality product, especially considering its low price point.
It is attractive enough to keep out on the counter, and it stores easily when not in use.
It is great at performing its intended purpose; which is cooking food fast and easily, frying without the use of oil, and all-round making life easier.
While in the future we would like to see models from this company that come with temperature control, this is still a great product that would be a great gift for someone who just recently moved out on their own.
This impressive air fryer has the capabilities to be operated using your smartphone via WiFi by the use of an application.
By using the app, you can schedule cooking, adjust the temperature and timer, and customize your recipes; which adds a whole other convenience and versatility factor into using this already easy to use an air fryer.
The frying basket is dishwasher safe, and due to its design, this air fryer will easily store in a cabinet or on your kitchen counters.
There are three main functions to choose from to give you options: schedule, menu, or keep warm; all of which give you more control over what your air fryer does.
This is a fantastic air fryer that you can operate by using your phone or tablet.
It is large enough to cook for a medium-sized family and attractive enough that you can leave it on the counter. There are plenty of settings to use and play around with, and you will find that your food always comes out perfect.
While this may be a little higher on the pricing spectrum, it is well worth the additional cost.
4. Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer
This all in one Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer will become a staple in your kitchen for cooking all of your favorite foods without the use of oil or the extra calories that come with it.
This appliance not only fries your favorite food using convection heat, but also has the capabilities to roast, grill, and bake anything that you can think of.
The extra-large capacity of this kitchen appliance means that you can cook for a large family, or prepare food in bulk for an event or party.
There are 7 cooking presets that allow you to begin cooking your favorite food all at the touch of a button; it won’t get easier than that.
With overheating protection and an automatic shutoff timer, you need not worry about overcooking your food or leaving the air fryer on when not in use.
This is a great air fryer for the price and size, and the additional features such as the included presets will be really helpful for preparing and cooking your meals.
Everything that you can cook in an oven or grill you will be able to cook with this appliance, and it always comes out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Because it is a large capacity air fryer, you will want to make sure that you have adequate room in your kitchen, but that should not deter you from considering this as a purchase.
As you would come to expect with a brand name like Ninja, this Ninja 1550-Watt 4 QT Air Fryer is a quality product that has a wide range of features and functions.
The wide temperature range ( 105-400 degrees) gives you the versatility to cook a variety of your favorite foods all while using a single appliance.
The large capacity of this air fryer allows you to cook dinner and meals for up to 4 people without needing to cook in batches, and the tray is dishwasher safe making cleanup easy.
Although there are not presets, the LED control display allows you to easily set the temperature and four programmable cooking functions: Air Fry, Roast, Reheat, and Dehydrate.
The ceramic cooking and frying tray allows food to cook evenly and quickly without the use of oil or larger appliances.
A quality product from Ninja, this air fryer is attractive and stores easily, and can be used for a wide range of foods; from dehydrating to frying your favorite foods and meals.
Although there is a strong plastic smell the first couple times of use, this is not uncommon with household appliances and the smell does wear off eventually after use.
This is very easy to use, easy to clean and allows you to fry foods without oil.
6. Bagotte 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
This Bagotte 3.7 Quart Air Fryer from Bagotte is compact and powerful, but due to the size is better suited for individual use.
The advanced touch screen control scheme makes it easy to set the temperature and timer; it comes with 6 presets for the most common fried for baked foods making it easy to cook your favorite food at the touch of a button.
This easy to clean and use air fryer is a great choice for those who have just moved out on their own, and are needing quick and easy meals that can accommodate up to 2 people.
Due to its compact design, this air fryer easily stores without taking up much cabinet space, or you can leave it on the counter when not in use without feeling like it takes up too much room.
This is a great air fryer that is suited for individual or small family use and is compact enough to easily store.
While the price is a little higher compared to other air fryers that are larger in capacity, it is a high-quality appliance and the cost is worth it.
While the tray does not allow food to easily come out unless you spray with cooking spray, that should not be a deterrent as the overall product is a sound investment.
7. Innsky Extra 5.8 QT Large Air Fryer
Sleek and sophisticated in design, the Innsky XL 5.8 QT Air Fryer provides even more possibilities with the 7 presets that are included with this product: french fries, poultry, chicken, cakes, shrimp, pizza, fish, and steak.
Alternatively, you can choose the appropriate temperature and time by using the LED touch screen display; adding even more versatility and function to this impressive air fryer that is compact enough to store easily, or will look great on your countertop.
When your food is done regardless of using the presets or customizing the cooking temperature and time, the air fryer will automatically shut off so that you don’t need to worry about overcooking food or the air fryer being turned on when not in use.
It has never been easier to cook amazing fried foods without the use of oil or added calories.
The Innsky air fryer is a quality product that allows you to cook all of your favorite fried foods without the use of oil.
It is easy to use, and allows you to enjoy healthy meals very quickly; the price for this size of the air fryer is very fair, and it cleans easily due to the cooking tray being dishwasher safe.
8. OMORC 7.6 Quart Air Fryer
It’s not always easy cooking healthy and delicious meals, but the OMORC air fryer makes it simple.
This large-capacity air fryer will allow you to cook all of your favorite low-calorie foods in a matter of minutes and without any added oils, fats, or calories.
This air fryer comes with 7 presets so that you can cook your foods at the touch of a button without needing to worry about setting the temperature or timer; or if you prefer, you can use the LED touch screen display to set the temperature and timer yourself.
The timer features an auto-shutoff feature so that you don’t need to worry about overcooking your food or leaving the fryer on when not in use.
All of this in a compact design that is easy to use, clean, and store.
A good air fryer, although not as compact as others on the list; is still easy to store, it may take up too much counter space to keep on the counter.
It is easy to clean and use, and the control panel is pretty self-explanatory, making it easy for those that are not used to using new kitchen appliances.
9. KOIOS 5.8 QT Air Fryer (160 Recipes)
This 1800-watt air fryer is perfect for frying, dehydrating, baking and grilling and is large enough to cook food for the whole family.
This comes with a large recipe book for free that you can order from KOIOS that includes over 160 recipes to try out and find something new, and comes with 6 presets and 4 different functions making it easy to cook your favorite foods at the touch of a button.
Using the convection heating method, this air fryer cooks food very fast and is large enough to fit a whole chicken, making it easy to prepare large quantities of food for family and get-togethers.
It is easy to clean and store and will become a staple in your kitchen for cooking fast and healthy meals.
A fantastic buy for the price especially if you have a large family to feed, as the cooking capacity is large enough to accommodate.
While the size makes it hard to store sometimes, you may find that leaving it on the counter is the best option, and it is attractive enough to do so.
The tilted design of this air fryer makes it easier to remove the cooking basket after food has cooked or to clean, and the programmable functions make it easy to set up and use.
10. COSORI 5.8 QT Air Fryer (100 Recipes, Rack & 5 Skewers)
The COSORI 5.8 QT Air Fryer air fryer features an attractive design that is angled to display better on the counter and is compact enough to fit nicely on your countertop while being large enough to accommodate larger families.
Great for cooking healthy meals without oil, this is an easy to use air fryer that has 11 presets: steak, poultry, seafood, shrimp, bacon, frozen food, french fries, vegetables, root vegetables, bread, desserts, and a preheat function.
Sophisticated and elegant, this air fryer would be a great addition to any kitchen and cooks food very fast without needing to use oil or the calories and fat that comes with it.
A quality product from Cosori, and a great value for the price. The COSORI 5.8 QT Air Fryer is an attractive appliance, will save you both time and money when you use it, and you can fry your favorite foods without the use of oil or calories.
The removable cooking basket is dishwasher safe, and cleanup is easy.
Buyer’s Guide: How to Pick the Best Affordable Air Fryer for the Money:
When it comes to air fryers, there are a lot of brands on the market today, and not all fryers are made equal.
There are some cheaper models that you will want to stay away from, and some brands that charge too much for the quality of the product that is provided.
Listed below are the features and specifications that you will want to be aware of and look for when you are looking to purchase and air fryer.
When considering your purchase of an air fryer, it is important to take into consideration your size of family, and what type of meals that you are going to be cooking in the air fryer.
You don’t want to purchase a small air fryer that is better suited for individual use when you have a family of 4 that you will be cooking for; this is counter-intuitive, as you will end up cooking more batches which take away the convenience factor of air fryers.
Air fryers come in four main sizes:
- Small- best suited for single or couple use, and are the smallest available on the market. They won’t take long to pre-heat, but you also won’t be able to cook a big batch of food at a time.
- Medium – A great choice for smaller families, these can comfortably cook up portions of up to 3 people at a time, and for the most part, you should not need to cook dinner in more than one batch
- Large – The most common for families, you will be able to cook good-sized meals that will feed 4-5 people depending on the type of food that you are cooking, and is large enough to accommodate small pizzas and cakes
- Extra-Large: This type of air fryer is generally used for bulk cooking, or if you are cooking for a large group of people. They are big enough to cook food for your family and then some.
- Fryer Weight: Another aspect of the air fryer you are looking into that you will want to take into consideration is the weight of the fryer. You don’t want to pick an air fryer that is too heavy, as this will be a pain to store and take out every time that you are going to use it. On the flip side, you also don’t want an air fryer that is too lightweight, as you run the risk of accidentally tipping it over if it gets bumped, or when you take out the cooking tray. A good weight for an air fryer is around 8-12 pounds. This will be sturdy enough to stay on the counter, without being a burden to store and use.
- Recipe Book Included: Most of the air fryers that are on the market in 2020 will include a free recipe book, which has a lot of recipes that you can try out to see all that your new air fryer has to offer. These recipe books have a lot of variety, from vegetables to cakes and chicken. It is a great way to showcase what your air fryer is capable of, as well as give you some more ideas for dinner and other meals. Some accessories will be required to cook some recipes such as cakes in the air fryer, but some of the fryers on this list include one or two of these.
- Versatility: One of the greatest aspects of air fryers is the fact that they are incredibly versatile and convenient. They can cook a wide range of food without needing to buy accessories or additional cooking trays. Although they were designed as an alternative to deep fat fryers, you will be able to cook foods that are not generally thought of as fried. You can cook vegetables, grill steak, cook pizza, and even bake cakes all by using this one appliance. This is all thanks to the convection heat that is used to cook food; by keeping the hot air constantly flowing by using fans all around the food you are cooking, it is cooked fast and is crispy on the outside while remaining tender and juicy on the inside. There is no end to what you can use an air fryer for as relates to cooking and anything that you can cook in an oven you will be able to use an air fryer to cook.
- Affordability: Air fryers will range in cost, depending on the quality of the product, size of air fryer, and the additional features that they have. that said, even the more advanced models of air fryers are very budget-friendly due to how compact they are.
Even the ones that are smart appliances that you can use and monitor with your smartphone or tablet won’t break the bank to purchase.