If you are preparing to receive a newborn in 2021, getting the best baby powder should be in your top list of baby essentials you’d have to buy.
A new mother may not understand the importance of these products, but I tell you, baby powders are essential in easing friction on the skin. This, in turn, reduces the tendency to develop rashes.
Still, baby powders are efficient in absorbing moisture, especially where there are skin folds. Skin folds lead to building up of moisture, which can be detrimental to babies.
Above all, the baby powders give the baby fresh smell.
The most amazing part with baby powders is that adults, too, can use them. So you might be thinking of getting one.
What types do you know?
Well, there are numerous baby power brands in the market.
In this article, we present to you the best baby powders 2021 has in store for you.
Let’s take a look.
The 10 Best Baby Powders for 2021:
Let’s check them out below…
1. Burt’s Bees Baby Powder: Best Natural, Talc-Free Baby Powder
Many parents are in love with natural products because of the belief that they are safe. Burt’s Bees Baby powder is a natural product that is pediatrician tested to ensure that it is safe for the baby. It is non-irritating, effective, and safe.
Best of all, you can use this powder on all parts of the body of the baby to give them calming effects. It makes the skin soft, dry, and comfortable. It comes with a light scent enough to keep the baby smelling fresh.
The primary ingredient in this baby powder is the highly absorbent corn-starch, but it is devoid of parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, or SLS.
- Nicely scented
- Corn-starch makes it absorb on the skin naturally
- Keeps skin soft, dry and comfortable all through
- The non-irritating feature makes it safe for your baby
- Some customers reported the powder causing rashes
Everybody knows Johnson’s baby powder, as the manufacturer has been around for so long. This product is talc-free, and is made from corn-starch and includes aloe Vera and vitamin E. The corn-starch makes the baby powder highly absorbent to keep your baby dry while the vitamins and aloe take care of the skin-soft skin.
All ingredients within this powder are dermatologically tested to ensure that they do not harm the delicate skin of the baby. Adults can also use powder.
- Keep the baby dry
- Excellent smell
- Soothes the skin due to aloe vera and vitamin E
- Clinically tested corn-starch minimizes the occurrence of rashes
- Improvements need to be done on the dispensing mechanism
The ingredients of this baby powder make it a unique and potent powder for your baby. It has both zinc oxide and a generous amount of herbs. The zinc oxide is essential in protecting and preventing the skin from developing rashes as well as infections while the herbs (olive oil and almond oil) are rich in vitamin E, which nourishes the skin, keeping it soft and moisturized throughout.
Still, the Khus grass makes the skin remain cool and fresh. The combination of these products masks body odors and reduce excessive sweating.
- Faintly scented making good for baby’s respiratory system
- The powder is soft and non-allergic
- Free From Parabens, Phthalates, Synthetic Colours
- Twistable nozzle for easy sprinkling
- Customers complain that the manufacturer packs less product
- It might cause rashes in people with sensitivity to talc
This medicated baby powder is made from corn-starch, which makes the powder more efficient in preventing chafing, diaper rash, and a wide range of skin infections. Remember, a baby without any irritations is always happy, and that also makes the parent content.
The baby powder features a unique triple action therapeutic agent that, apart from relieving itchiness, absorbs all the moisture, be it in folded skin areas or that found in the diaper. Thus, it gives your baby a long-lasting comfort between diaper changes.
- Costs less compared to other medicated powders
- Its effects last longer
- Easy to clean as it does not leave marks on the skin
- People with sensitive skin can use it
- Has an overpowering smell that some customers found it to be more of a medicine sell that of a powder
This is one of the best natural baby powders you can buy. Typically, it is not made of any animal products and lacks some plant products found in other powders such as corn and thus categorized as cruelty-free products. The powder is created from pure clay, which is tested to ensure that no traces of Lead gets into the final products.
It has some essential oils that give it a sweet scent. The essentials oils are proved to be beneficial for the skin and elevating the mood. If you have sensitive skin or you just need to elevate your mood throughout the day, then try this combination of Vanilla, Amber, Ylang Ylang and Frankincense
Still, the powder packs natural anti-odor, antifungal, and antibacterial compounds to ensure your skin doesn’t get unnecessary infections.
Want to know the best part? These products are never tested on animals. So if you are a vegan, you can try this product.
- Many customers find the vanilla scent to be soft and warm
- The powder is compatible with many peoples body chemistry
- It has a high absorbent power leaving you dry all-day
- The best alternative for people who have a corn allergy and are looking for talc-free powder
- Slightly granular rather than smooth and soft powder
- It is costly
6. Nature’s Baby Organics Powder: Best Organic Baby Powder
Nature’s baby organic powder is created with the mind of a mother taking care of her baby. The baby powder is gentle on the skin and the respiratory system of the body. You can use this product on a newborn without the baby experience adverse side effects, thanks to the powerful organic ingredients such as tapioca, rosemary extracts, Organic Chamomile, and Echinacea.
Unlike other organic powders that are grainy, nature’s baby organic powders are silky. This makes it easier to sprinkle on your baby. Again, this property makes it efficient for the powder to absorb moisture and relieve chafing.
For better results, apply the powder after every diaper change, and experience its incredible absorbing powers that will leave your baby extremely comfortable till the next diaper change. Still, the whole family can use the powder. And those who do not like fragrances, they this their best bet.
- Has a very silky, soft, and fine consistency
- Scent-free making it excellent for people with scent sensitivity
- Eliminates diaper rashes
- Some customers complained of receiving clumped powder
Like any other organic baby powder, the Bees all-natural has the incredible benefits to both your skin and that of your child. It works perfectly for individuals with sensitive skin, cracked skin, or easily irritable skin. Its healing and soothing powers.
What’s important is that the product cannot harm your baby’s delicate respiratory system. So while you are using it, your baby breathes healthy.
It has a wide range of natural ingredients, including Organic arrowroot powder, calendula flower powder, chamomile powder, plantain leaf powder, and marshmallow root powder. Calendula and chamomile are known to have powerful healing properties.
You can apply this powder on any part of the body of the baby. However, if you want to use it to control diaper rashes, sprinkle a little powder on your baby’s bump before putting on the diaper.
- It has a smooth and silky feel unlike other natural powders
- Talc and preservative-free
- Soothes skin
- Absorbs moisture completely
- Smells fresh
- Brownish kaolin clay grains get moist and create a thin brown smear which might stain the white garment
What makes this product fabulous is the fresh scent that it packs. Most users report that even the clothes of their babies carried the magnificent scent for long.
When you order this by powder from amazon, you receive six sachets of scented Baby Powder sachets. The powder feels soft, while the aroma it produces is reliable, but not overpowering. Your baby can tolerate it perfectly.
You can put this baby powder into various uses, including use by both adults and babies to safely absorb moisture, soothe the skin, and giving a fresh scent. Also, you can use it to give your house, car, or cloths a refreshing smell.
The powder is laced with essential oils, making it beneficial to the skin and the respiratory system.
- Smells great
- Long-lasting scent
- Has essential oils
- Versatile uses – perfuming houses and clothes
- Quite expensive
What makes this product stand out is the wide range of powerful organic ingredients. The powder is synthesized from a mixture of organic products – Arrowroot Powder, Cornstarch, Calendula and Rosemary Extract, and kaolin clay, making the powder to be 100% natural. These ingredients are great for the development of your skin. Best of all, baby powder is fragrance and talc-free.
Some people have highly sensitive or irritable skin, which makes it challenging to find the right baby powder. This Era organic product is perfect for people with dry, cracked, chapped, or damaged skin, thanks to its gentle and nourishing ingredients. You can use it in your shoe, or to soothe diaper rashes on your baby’s bottom, which make it a family product.
- High moisture absorbing capacity
- Soothes irritation and rashes
- Reduces skin chaffing
- Can reduce inflammation
- You can use it on a variety of skins –dry damaged, or skin with excess moisture
- Gritty making the babies bump rough
The skin of a baby is much delicate than an adult’s skin. That is why this product for Johnson is tested and approved to be free of allergens. It is dermatologically tested too. Your child can safely use this product without fear of adverse effects.
Johnson’s Baby Powder is made of corn-starch and laced with a mild lavender fragrance. The corns-starch is clinically proven to be gentle and 100% on the delicate baby skin.
What makes this product a worthy choice is the fact that corn-starch is derived naturally, and it absorbs moisture rather quickly. Besides, you can use it to remove sand on your body if you are at the beach, or adults can use it as a dry shampoo alternative. That makes the baby powder suitable for both babies and adults.
When you use this product, you are guaranteed of soft, smooth, and comfortable feel, and you reap the benefits of the absence of toxic substances like parabens, phthalates, dyes, and sulfates.
- Smells great
- Many users love the corn-starch
- Absorbs moisture perfectly
- Some customer found the scent to be overpowering
How to Select the Best Baby Powder
There are many controversies about baby powders. Some companies have pending lawsuits due to effects their products on the users. In worse cases, the powders have been linked to severe diseases like ovarian and cervical cancers in women who use the powders in their genitals to reduce feminine odors.
That said, you need to careful while selecting the baby powder, whether for yourself or your baby. Keep in mind the following factors:
- Ingredients: powders are made from corn-starch, arrowroot/tapioca powders, oat flour, baking soda, or talc (talcum powders). According to reviews, all these ingredients are suitable for baby use. However, most people are shunning talc products for their association with cancers.
- Allergies: some powders can cause severe allergies to both you and your babies. You must buy powders that have passed hypoallergenic tests. Keep in mind that the skin of a baby is five times sensitive than yours, and something small can cause serious trouble.
- Non-toxic: currently, most people pay attention to natural and organic features of products rather than toxicity. Always, find proof that the product is non-toxic before suing.
- Fragrances: the best baby powders should have mild fragrances, just enough to make your baby feel fresh.
- Global standards: the manufacturer should meet the laid down global standards. That means the product should be well research by various research institutes.
Tips on using baby powders
- Do not apply the powders directly on the genitalia but rather pat a light layer gently around the genitalia
- The baby powder should not enter into the baby’s eyes.
- Always ensure that the powder is away from the face to reduce chances of inhalation
- Avoid shaking the baby powder directly on to the baby. Instead, apply the powder onto a piece of cloth and use the piece of cloth to apply on to the baby.
Getting the best baby powder shouldn’t be a problem anymore. With this list of our favorite ten, we believe you can get what suits your needs and that of your child.
Apart from being safe, thee baby powders will keep your baby-selling fresh all day long.