Concrete floors can take a toll on your body unless you wear the best shoes for working on concrete.
Concrete is inflexible. So, if you stand or walk on such a surface for a long time while wearing the wrong shoes, your feet will swell and become sore. Additionally, you will develop back, hip, and knee pain. This may turn into chronic pain or injuries. In some cases, both! Your job won’t be easier.
The best shoes for working on concrete should fit correctly- not big nor tight. Additionally, the sides should be well-padded, while the footbed should offer decent cushioning. Their sole should be firm, thick, and offer excellent arch support. Best of all, choose boots or shoes that are slip-resistant. Besides, a quality insole can provide additional comfort and arch support.
ASICS, Brooks, Skechers, KEEN, New Balance, etc., offer excellent shoes. But not all shoes have plush padding and insane memory foam quantities.
In this write-up, I present the latest and most authentic shoes. These 10 best shoes for working on concrete feature all necessary traits – comfort, slip-resistance, arch support, and so on.
The 10 Best Sport Shoes for Working on Concrete All Day:
|KEEN Utility Flint Low||Water-resistant nubuck leather upper||Metatomical dual-density EVA||non-marking rubber|
|Reebok Oxford Construction Shoe||Synthetic, plus a fabric mesh||MemoryTech
|Rubber with deep grooves|
|KEEN Presidio Shoe||Full-grain and nubuck leather||Removable Metatomical PU||Non-marking rubber|
|Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe||Textile and Synthetic, mesh||Orthotic and removable||Rubber|
|Clarks Women’s Wave Trek Sneaker||Nubuck and suede||Removable OrthoLite||Rocker rubber sole|
|Skechers for Work Men’s Felton Slip Resistant Relaxed-Fit Work Shoe||Synthetic||Memory-foam padded insole insert||Rubber sole|
|Fila Women’s Memory Workshift Slip Resistant Work Shoe||Leather with synthetic overlays||Thin memory foam||Rubber|
|Timberland PRO Men’s Powertrain Sport Alloy-Toe EH Industrial & Construction Shoe||Ripstop nylon||Anti-fatigue||Synthetic|
|Skechers for Work Women’s Soft Stride-Softie Lace-Up||Leather||PU Removable, contoured||Synthetic with rubber outsole|
|Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Slip-On Shoe||Suede leather||Removable cushioned||Rubber|
Let’s get more …
The KEEN Utility Flint Low is ideal if you work at a construction site or a place where your feet need added protection.
The shoes have a big toe box and front. As such, they can accommodate people with bigger toes. Your toes won’t pinch or bunch up, and there will be top-tier breathability. The toe has a steel reinforcement, which cushions against impacts. These shoes fit just like hiking shoes, but they are considerably lightweight.
The footbed features plush cushioning and is removable. Hence, the shoe feels comfortable right out of the box. For resilient support and stability, the features a stability shank. Still, you get a contoured heel lock. The uppers are water-resistant nubuck leather, while the outsole is both oil and slip-resistant. But it is a non-marking type.
- Excellent toe protection
- Easy to slip in and out
- Oil and slip-resistant
- Torsional stability shank
Reebok Work Men’s Shoe offers both flexibility and lightweight design. The shoes pack a lot of cushioning to ensure that wearers get the necessary comfort while working, even on hard concrete. The shoes feature an alloy safety toe to protect your toes.
Additionally, the MemoryTech Massage footbed modifies to fit the contour of your feet for superior comfort. Such a feature makes it one of the best shoes for working on concrete.
The sole is a low-cut design, which makes it easy to walk. However, it also supports flawless ankle mobility. The midsole features both sublime foam and EVA technology resulting in a luxurious experience.
- Mobility enhancing foot flex grooves
- Removable cushion footbed
- The fabric top isn’t long-lasting
KEEN Presidio is an excellent option if you are looking for a shoe to wear for casual and work activities. Thanks to the structured cushion, the shoe fits comfortably.
The upper construction features water-resistant leather. The leather breathes well, which makes it comfortable to wear. The lace-up system is unique, providing you with a perfect fit. The EVA foam footbed is molded to adjust to the shape of your foot. The EVA offers superior arch support.
The combination of toe protection features and water resistance makes these shoes an ideal option for concrete floor workplaces.
- Highly breathable – mesh lining
- Durable leather upper
- Cushioned footbed
- Odour control
- The tongue pokes out at the front; it is hard too
The Asics GEL-Tech is black with silver highlights. However, you can still get the white with royal blue highlights. This shoe is a shift from athletic to a standout fashion statement. The footwear is comfortable to the feet. People with bunions can wear it without any problems thanks to the bunion window.
The upper is flexible, which makes it easy to walk on concrete. You can push off with your toes with each stride. Though not motion control shoes, their stability and guidance are impressive. The ventilated upper does a great job of ensuring your toes don’t soak in sweat. And the ability to add an arch support insert makes one of the best shoes for working on a concrete floor.
- Comfortable and decent arch support
- Orthotic friendly
- Flexible uppers
- You can add an arch support insert
- The shoe runs narrow
The Clarks Women’s Wave Trek Sneaker can withstand all types of weather. The impressive thing, though, is that it remains comfortable as long as you wear them. Wave Trek features a compact, light, and petite design, appealing to women. Besides, such a profile makes it easier to stand or walk on concrete.
The upper construction is a waterproof genuine full-grain leather. That makes the shoe ideal for workplaces prone to spills or splashes. The interior lining is soft fabric, which soothes your feet. You can wear the shoe with or without inserts and still feel the same level of cushioning. The toe area is roomy, so your toe will move comfortably.
The rocker outsole and midsole do a great job of absorbing shock from the impacts of stepping on concrete. The outsole is flexible but durable. The removable footbed makes these shoes the best shoes for working on concrete. You can customize the footbed.
- Comfortable, cozy design
- Soft textile lining is kind on feet
- The concave heel softens each heel strike
- Durable nubuck and suede
- The shoe needs a break-in period
The excellent padding on these pair of shoes is what makes them a hit. They can absorb all the impact you get from each step you make on a concrete floor. Both the tongue and the collar are padded. These, together with the lace-up vamp and the reinforced stitching, make the shoe highly supportive.
The shoe comes with an insole insert that has memory foam padding. On the other hand, the upper features 100% Synthetic construction, but the interior has a soft fabric lining to make the shoe comfortable on foot.
- Comfortable for standing
- Memory foam insole a welcomed addition
- A bit stiff; thus, requiring a break-in period
Fila women’s memory Workshift slip-resistant work shoe boasts of comfort-enhancing features courtesy of its premium Memory Foam Workshift as well as the plush synthetic overlays. These shoes will eliminate body aches that arise from working on concrete floors.
The rubber sole is both durable and non-slip. The best part is the sole complies with many industrial standards. While the shoe may not look stylish, it perfectly blends comfort and performance, making it one of the best shoes for working on concrete. Look, the lace-up system is easy to tie up, but it secures your foot in the shoe and protects you from spills.
- Slip-resistant sole
- Memory foam sock liner for adequate padding
- Durable leather uppers
- The outsole, synthetic overlays, and memory foam feel flimsy
The Timberland PRO Powertrain has an athletic styling, which gives them a modern look. The toe cap features a lightweight asymmetrical-shaped toe cap. This should protect you from impacts and compressions. Timberland PRO utilizes anti-fatigue technology. Therefore, the shoe delivers a unique comfort system for its wearers.
Additionally, the system features unmatched shock absorbing abilities and geometrical technology, which returns energy to the foot for all-day support and comfort. If you live in areas with a risk of electrical shock, these are the right shoes for you. Typically, the shoe features secondary underfoot protection against live electrical circuits or electrically energized components.
- Antimicrobial treatment for odour preventions and control
- Slip-resistant sole
- Anti-fatigue technology
- Electrical hazard protection
- Alloy safety toe
- The shoe isn’t very durable
If you most often walk on concrete pavements, then these Skechers should be kind on your feet.
Besides being comfortable, the Skechers for Work Women’s Soft Stride-Softie is a stylish shoe. The upper features soft leather construction for superior comfort. Besides, the uppers are very breathable. So do not worry about soaking yourself with sweat.
The rubber outsole is thick at the heel, 1.5 inches, but slights towards the toes. However, these shoes have a contoured insole. This arrangement aims to ensure that you get extra cushioning under your feet. The good thing is the insole is removable, and so you can customize it to meet your taste. Though the shoe has the look of a sneaker, it offers you decent support and comfort.
- Sleek looking
- Offers little arch support
The Merrell Jungle Moc Slip-On Shoe isn’t a lace-up, and they work well as casual and smart casual wear.
The suede leather uppers are comfortable and durable. Note that the leather used here is treated to make it both water and stain-resistant. That means you can use these shoes in dry as well as wet conditions.
The rubber sole has outstanding traction. This helps to cushion your feet from the impact of hard floors. Additionally, the EVA shoe frame is compression molded for support and additional padding.
This Jungle Moc, the best shoes for working on concrete, is the antimicrobial agent utilized within the footwear. That means there will be no odours within the shoe. The shoe’s heel features an air cushioning system, which absorbs shock as well as increases stability. The sticky rubber outsole should offer decent traction, especially on dry and rugged grounds.
- Durable and comfortable suede leather uppers
- Stain and water-resistant
- Antimicrobial agent neutralizes odour
- Traction on wet ground is a little lower
With this wide range of shoes, you should find the best shoes for working on concrete floors. While these shoes are mostly casual, you can also get official shoe options.
For instance, Orthofeet men’s and women’s shoes have air cushioning and decent attractions. Besides, options like Dansko Stylish, Merrell Encore Gust Slip, and Clarks Men’s Cotrell Walk Oxford are other best shoes for working on concrete surfaces.
Tips for successful working on a concrete floor
- Take a Rest: if you were standing, sit down for a few minutes. This relieves pressure off your feet.
- Avoid high-heel and very flat shoes: the best shoes for working on concrete should have a medium-sized heel. Very flat and high heels don’t reduce pressure, and neither do they reduce impact at all.
Best shoes for working on concrete: what should you look for?
The shoes you choose must offer unmatched shock absorbency, among other things. So look for:
- Cushioning: cushioning at the midsole affects comfort. Look for EVA or memory foam cushioning in the footbed. An EVA midsole offers comfort and excellent shock absorbency.
- Arch Support: arch support ensures that your feet are well-aligned. It offers additional support that your feet need while moving. The arch bears your weight as you move. So choose a shoe with an arch relative to your foot’s arch.
- Durability: The right shoe should be able to withstand usage for a considerable time. It is heart-breaking to buy a shoe for it only to last for a month or two. Emphasize quality construction and parts.
- Sole: you can choose between synthetic and rubber soles. However, you need to get a durable outsole. Working on a concrete surface means getting a slip-resistant outsole. Rubber is the most common material for slip-resistant shoes. And it holds up well. Additionally, it is waterproof and durable.
- Weight: the best shoes for working on concrete should be heavy. Otherwise, you will feel uncomfortable quickly and get tired faster. So get quality lightweight shoes.
- Upper: choose between leather and synthetic or mesh uppers. While leather uppers are durable, they are quite heavy and with low breathability. On the contrary, mesh uppers are lightweight, flexible, and highly breathable. You will remain cool and dry. Thus, no foot fatigue.
- Technology: manufacturers are incorporating new technology in shoes. For instance, anti-fatigue, air cushioning, EVA foam cushioning, and Ignite foam technology make a shoe perform better. Find a shoe with the latest technology.
Working on concrete requires quality shoes. Well-made shoes will protect your body and make you more productive. Nevertheless, you need to practice caution. Concrete is inflexible.
Besides, the right shoes, occasionally take a break, use mats, and use different kinds of footwear. With the options I’ve reviewed, you won’t have a hard time working on concrete. Reward yourself with one of them to remain productive and healthy.