A wheelchair cushion plays the most important role in providing comfort and relieving you from pressure. It distributes your pressure evenly to get maximum comfort and help you achieve a good posture. But you will get that only when you get the best wheelchair cushion for pressure relief from the market.
Without a good wheelchair cushion, your body posture will not be right. As a result, you will suffer from different types of problems and cannot enjoy sitting in a wheelchair at all. So you must choose the right wheelchair cushion to relieve your pressure.
Table of Content:
If you do not have enough time and want to know what we have discussed below, then check out our table of content.
Want to compare all the cushions at once and make a better decision? If yes, then have a look at the table of content below.[wptb id=94]
Top 5 Best Wheelchair Cushion For Pressure Relief
Getting the best cushion to relieve pressure for a wheelchair is important, you know that. But since the market does not have many good cushions, it is tough to find the best one. That is why we have bought together some top-class wheelchair cushions for pressure relief so that you can choose your own.
1. Roho High Profile Quadtro Select Wheelchair Cushion – 18 x 16 – Adjustable Pressure Relief Air Seat
The Roho Quadtro select high profile cushion is one of the excellent wheelchair cushions you can find in the market. It features an adjustable cushion that allows you to fit perfectly when you sit. You will have a knob that lets you adjust the desired posture you need in the wheelchair and lets you get maximum comfort.
It has tall and high profile interconnected air cells that can deliver you maximum immersion to ensure better positioning, stability, and added skin protection. Also, its separated air cells allow maximum air circulation and provide a cooling environment to ensure comfort. As a result, you will get a comfortable sitting that will help you get pressure relief.
This cushion is easy to use and handle because it is durable and lightweight. It is washable, too, meaning that you can easily wash the cushion with soap and water and then cover it with the machine. Even you can repair it for further use. So overall, it is worthy of consideration while buying a cushion for pressure relief for your wheelchair.
Roho High Profile Quadtro Features:
- This cushion comes with an adjustable cushion that offers you a perfect and quick fit and desired body posture.
- It features tall and high profile interconnected air cells that deliver maximum immersion for better positioning, stability, added skin protection, and comfort.
- You can easily clean it with soap and water, and the cover is machine washable too.
- It is easy to carry and handle because it is lightweight and durable.
- Its neoprene rubber cushion is repairable and can be patched to further use
2. PURAP Seat Cushion for Wheelchairs and Recliners Helps Prevent and Heal Pressure Sores
The PURAP Seat Cushion for Wheelchairs is another good cushion you can use if you suffer from pressure sores or want to prevent pressure sores. It features advanced technology that can reduce high pressure ‘hotspots.’ As a result, you can easily get rid of hotspots and prevent developing new sores.
Also, it dissipates pressure evenly and ensures a low uniform pressure, meaning that it reduces the worsening of the existing sores, heals existing sores, and eliminates the chances of developing new sores. You can have less sitting pain, numbness, and soreness by preventing circulation cut-off and skin shear as well.
ThisPURAB seat cushion for wheelchairs and pressure sores are versatile, meaning that you can use it in wheelchair, car seats, recliners, and others to get rid of pressure and sores. It is easy to clean, and you can clean it with water. Even you can easily carry and use it because it is lightweight and durable.
PURAP Seat Cushion Features:
- This advanced cushion can reduce high pressure ‘hotspots, ‘ which is responsible for creating pressure sores.
- It dissipates pressure evenly and thus prevents skin shear from healing sores faster.
- You can easily clean it with mild cleanser wipes, and the cover is machine washable too.
- It is extremely easy to carry and handle because it is lightweight and durable.
- You can easily use it for multiple chairs such as wheelchairs, car seats, recliners, etc.
3. Invacare EC08 Absolute Wheelchair Cushion, 20″ W x 18″ D
Another excellent wheelchair cushion for pressure relief by Invacare comes with many useful features to get your job done perfectly. It features a gentle contour that helps in centring your seat cushion. As a result, you get your desired body posture and maximum comfort you are looking for to prevent any pressure and pressure sores.
This cushion comes with a water-repellent, breathable mesh fabric cover that dissipates moisture and heat. That means your skin will remain safe, and you will get a cool and comfortable sitting environment. You can even sit in the wheelchair if you have this cushion because it has a non-slip bottom. These features make it a great pressure reducing cushion for wheelchairs.
It features molded polyurethane foam that is durable and lightweight, meaning that you can use it for a long time and handle it easily. You can use this shaped cushion on taunt sling upholstery in the future as well. So overall, it surely one of the good cushion for your wheelchair that can help your get relief from pressure.
Invacare EC08 Absolute Features:
- This cushion comes with a Gentle contour that aids in centring in the seat and delivers a comfortable posture.
- It features a water-repellent, breathable mesh fabric cover that dissipates moisture and heat to keep skin safe and provide a cool sitting environment.
- You can easily remain in the seat all day because of its non-slip bottom that keeps the cushion in place all day.
- The cushion features moulded polyurethane foam that is durable and lightweight, which ensures longevity and easy handling.
- Its shaped cushion bottom can be used on taut sling upholstery
4. Vive Wheelchair Cushion – Gel Seat Pad for Coccyx, Orthopedic Back Support, Sciatica & Tailbone Pain Relief
The Vive Wheelchair Cushion is a useful wheelchair cushion that comes with many features to provide maximum benefits. This cushion comes with a dynamic Fluid Core gel that provides unrivalled pressure distribution across your bottom so that you can get relief from the pressure and pressure sores. You will get these features in very few other cushions.
This gel pressure relief cushion features 4 Layers of waterproof, supportive comfort that ensures more comfort and will not flatten under your heavyweight. Also, it is designed with a medical-grade to get perfect comfort for a long time. This feature makes a pressure-relieving cushion for a wheelchair perfect for people who sit in a wheelchair for a long time.
It is versatile, and you can use it in a wheelchair, stadium bleachers, automobile, and more. Even you can clean it easily because of its easily removable waterproof cover. Its durable construction enables you to carry it easily and use it for a long time. With all these features, it can be considered the best wheelchair cushion for pressure relief, for sure.
Vive Wheelchair Cushion Features:
- This cushion comes with Dynamic Fluid Core gel that allows you even pressure distribution across your bottom that ensures pressure relief.
- It features 4 Layers of Supportive Comfort that ensures more comfort and will not flatten under your heavyweight.
- It is designed with a medical-grade so that you can get perfect comfort for a long time.
- You can easily clean it with the machine because the removable cover is machine washable.
- It is versatile and can be used in a wheelchair, stadium bleachers, automobile and more.
5. NOVA Gel & Memory Foam Seat & Wheelchair Cushion in 8 Sizes (from 16″ x 16″ to 18″ x 24″ Extra Wide)
NOVA Gel & Memory Wheelchair Cushion This cushion comes with 8 total dimension options so that you get enough support, pressure relief, and comfort throughout the entire cushion area. As a result, you can choose any dimension based on your preference to get maximum comfort, unlike most other wheelchair cushions.
It features a combination of gel/foam so that that you can get even weight distribution and pressure relief. This feature helps you get relief from pressure and all other problems caused by a long time sitting. Also, this feature ensures maximum comfort, even if you sit for a long time.
To keep it seated for a long time comfortably, it has easy non-skid bottom material and Velcro attachment straps. This pressure-relieving gel cushion is easy to clean as well because it has a non-flammable, removable, machine washable cover. You can use it in the transport chair, office, wheelchair, home, events, and travel.
NOVA Gel & Memory Foam Features:
- This cushion comes with 8 total dimension options so that you get enough support, pressure relief, and comfort.
- It features a gel/foam combination cushion that provides you with even weight distribution and pressure relief.
- You can easily clean it because it has a non-flammable, removable, machine washable cover.
- It has non-skid bottom material and Velcro attachment straps so that you can use it all day long.
- It is a versatile cushion and ideal for a transport chair, office, wheelchair, home, events, and travel.
Types Of Wheelchair Seat Cushions
To choose the right cushion for your wheelchair seat, you must know the type of seat cushion. Without knowing it, you cannot understand which one will be best for you. Here are the main types of wheelchair seat cushions.
The foam cushion is the most common and most used type of seat cushion in the market. If you have basic needs, then you should go for this type. It comes with different density and is extremely easy to use. Also, you need less maintenance as well.
A gel-cushioned seat might not be a good option for most people to reduce the sore or pain. However, for some people, it can be a good option. It consists of a foam shell with the gel inside. As a result, your pressure might be distributed evenly, but there is a chance of leakage as well.
For pressure relief, the air-cushioned seat can be the best option because it is inflated with air and distributes the pressure evenly. However, it is not for the people who move much, and there is a chance of leakage.
Honeycomb cushioned seat is good as well with its stability, comfort, and support. Also, it provides enough air and ensures portability. However, it is not suitable for pressure relief for sure because of the low-pressure distribution.
What To Consider Before Buying A Wheelchair Cushion For Pressure Relief?
Now you have got the list of some good pressure relief wheelchair cushions with their features and benefits. But how can you find out the best wheelchair cushion for pressure relief? Well, we have got your back and will provide some tips that you should consider while buying a wheelchair cushion for pressure relief.
Since you are looking for a wheelchair cushion for pressure relief, the first thing you need to check is how this cushion can relieve you from pressure. You will get relief from the pressure only when it can dissipate the pressure evenly. When it can do that, you will get pressure relief. So make sure you get one that offers even pressure distribution and pressure relief.
Also, check the comfort of the cushion. You need to sit in a wheelchair for a long time. That is why it is important to use a cushion with comfort. Make sure the cushion is soft enough and absorb your pressure smoothly. Also, check whether the mesh can provide enough air and make the environment cool or not. It will help you to get the pleasure which you need.
Cover plays an important role in providing you comfort and enables you to remain seated for a long time. So make sure the cover is good enough and can provide you with a cool sitting environment. Also, check whether the cover is removable or not because it will help you clean the cushion easily. Look for the non-skid bottom so that your cushion remains seated in place all the time.
Cleaning is important too. When buying a wheelchair cushion, you must consider the cleaning capability of the cushion. Some cushions are easily washable with soap and water, where some are not. Also, some cushion’s cover is machine washable as well. Without cleaning, you cannot maintain hygiene, and it can cause some other diseases for you.
Also, check out the durability of the cushion because you do not want to buy a cushion for several months for sure. Look for the quality of the cushion so that it lasts long. A durable cushion will serve you for a long time and provide you with enough comfort all the time.
Why Should You Buy A Wheelchair Cushion For Pressure Relief
There are many reasons why you should buy a wheelchair cushion for pressure relief. Among those, here are some main reasons.
- A wheelchair cushion distributes your weight evenly and reduces pressure to a certain hotspot; thus, it prevents pressure sores and pain.
- It ensures comfort for the people who have been suffering from pain or pressure sores.
- This wheelchair cushion helps you achieve a good posture so that you can sit for a long time.
- It is low maintenance and easy to install, meaning that you can easily use it without any hassle.
- This is the most affordable way to get relief from your pressure sores and pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
I hope you are now convinced and do not have any questions at all. However, if you have any questions, then you should look at our frequently asked questions by the users. I hope you can find your answer here.
How long do pressure cushions last?
Are wheelchair cushions covered by Medicare?
Can pressure sores heal on their own?
Finding the best wheelchair cushion for pressure relief is significant because it can give you the comfort you are looking for and relief from pressure sores. Also, it offers you easy cleaning, durability, and other benefits. Without a good cushion, you will not have the comfort and cannot get relief from the pain or pressure. That is why we have reviewed some of the top class wheelchair cushions for pressure relief with their features and benefits. I hope it will help you choose the right one. All of them are good and provide good customer value.
However, if you ask for my suggestion, I will tell you to go for the Vive Wheelchair Cushion for pressure relief. It offers you even pressure distribution, comfortable sitting, easy cleaning, a cool sitting environment, and all other benefits you need to get relief from pain and pressure sores. So without any further query, you can go for this one with full confidence.