When the temperatures start to drop, a good night’s rest depends on a warm and comfortable bed. No one wants to lie shivering all night. If you want to stay warm and be well-rested in the morning to face the cold, an electric heated blanket may be on your list.
The Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa Electric Heated Blanket is queen-sized and made from MicroPlush and Sherpa polyester. This blanket is available in many colours for the MicroPlush top layers from creams to denim, sage and a warm brick red.
It is machine washable and has 10 different heat settings for every mood you might have. So you can find the setting that is not too hot or too cold, but just right. (Goldilocks would approve) The digital control ensures that you can choose precisely which setting you need.
In this review, we will take you through its features, show you what positive aspects this electric heated blanket has and also take a look at some of the cons. This review will help you choose the electric heated blanket best suited to your needs regarding size, colour, and heating options.
So you can sleep soundly knowing you won’t wake up half-frozen, dreaming that you became an ice queen.
Here is the Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa Electric Heated Blanket Review
- It is made from 100% polyester MicroPlush for the top layer
- The bottom is a soft Sherpa polyester
- It comes with digital control that has 10 different heat settings
- It has an auto shut-off feature
- It comes with a five-year manufacturer guarantee
- It is machine washable
- The wire is ultra-thin for more comfort
- It comes packed in its own zipper bag for easy storage
- Available in a range of colours that include, Cream, Sage, Denim, taupe, brick, blue and beige to suit your décor
- Dimensions: 84 x 90 inches (213.3 x 228.6 cm)
- Weight: 7.6 lbs (3.4 kg)
- It is energy saving
- It is very soft and fluffy
- The control unit has a clear, lit digital display and intuitive design
- The range of warmth settings is very large
- It is thick but lightweight
- It heats up quickly
- It comes with 2 controllers for the Queen size
- There is a clicking noise when changing temperatures on the controller
- It does not heat up to a very high warmth
- Too thick for temperate climates
- The controller is not durable
This warm fluffy, lightweight Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa heated blanket is easy to use with its digital display. It has a range of heat settings and heats up quickly to your selection.
It works well when you have had a long day and need to soothe aching muscles with some well-deserved warmth or if you want to be warm and cozy before drifting off for the night.
The wires are not prominent, and pets and their owners will lie comfortably. It is gentle and soft enough for when you are feeling cold and weak.
Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa heated blanket turns off automatically, so if you fall asleep, you will not have to worry that you left it on all night. (Your electrical bill will thank you)
It does have some issues with the durability of the digital controller and might be too warm and fluffy for more temperate climates where the winters are milder.
Some parts of the blanket do not always heat evenly, and you might find that your feet are warm, but your shoulders are not. This is not a common problem, and the pros outweigh the cons in terms of material, size, and warmth.
Compared to other heated blankets, the Biddeford is lightweight and is made from microplush and Sherpa polyester to ensure a softer blanket. [Here are the top 10 best electric blanks for 2021]
Unlike other blankets, it has a lighted digital display with a much large choice of temperatures, most other blankets have an analog controller with a usual choice of about 3 settings.
It is available in different colours, where other heated blankets have limited options. It is not a heating pad and designed to be used as a normal blanket.
If you want a soft, comfortable blanket with a lighted digital display, the Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa Electric Heated Blanket is perfect. Because it has a MicroPlush top and Sherpa bottom side, it is fluffy and soft, and the wires do not run in thick visible lines. It is available in various different colours, so you don’t have to give up on style to stay warm.
The different colours can easily suit your décor, and it is machine washable, so you won’t have problems keeping it clean. It is soft and warm even when it is not turned on and will keep even the most frigid of bodies heated while providing the comfort and feel of a traditional blanket.